Monday, July 7, 2008

Thing#3--Using Blogs

Some ways that I think I could use blogs in the classroom are:

-Interface with other Science teachers about labs or lessons. Share ideas and get ideas.

-Keep a journal where I monitor and adjust my lessons for future reference.

-Have an online science topic-based reading or book club.

-With my over-achieving students who actually go home and do their work, we could have a
current events in Science blog where we discuss any topic of importance in the area of Science---and that could be current events or anything else.....for example, a 10 year old, 150 lb. sea
turtle was released last week off of the coast of Georgia. This could be a source of interest and information for my students.

-For the students who have a computer at home, we could have a question and answer blog.



As far as communicating with parents, e-mail takes care of that.

No comments: