Friday, July 11, 2008

Thing #8--Mashups

http://www.quasimondo.com/clockr.php
Image hosted @ bighugelabs.com
Mashups are amazing! I could create some really cool slide shows, share photos of relevant interest( such as those taken at the Sea Turtle Hatchery in Galveston), maybe even create a
print off of a photo-based seating chart so the sub could put a face with a name.

Mosaic Maker is great for making a neat collection of personal/family photos. I need to get a
digital camera so I can upload my own photos and then create mosaics of my family's camping
trips and such.

I could use Mosaic Maker to make some neat collages of my classes busy with lab work in the
science classroom and place them on our bulletin board.

I had some trouble uploading things from the mashups to my blogsite. I am used to the
computer in my classroom, but the district was blocking everything and override was not
helping me. So I am using my home computer and am not used to using it in this way. I will continue to practice. Once the schoolyear begins my c- tech (Coach Solis) can help me with my ideas!

In Delivr I could make little science puzzles. That would be fun.

I did paste the URL for the neat mashup called Clockr. It is a neat, digital time display where
they apparently took photos of numbers anywhere they could find numbers. Then they took these photos and put them into a digital clock format. You can click a number and the photo changes. It is fun to play with.

No comments: