Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thing #22--Podcast

My Podcast

I checked out some podcasts.  Very different.  You know, we are a visually-centered culture as far as education goes.  When we teachers are observed by our administrators, we are encouraged to structure the lesson to appeal to visual learners.  

Well, podcasts ain't visual.  I don't mean to be mean or anything about podcasting....because some people are auditory learners.....but I can't imagine my students tuning into any podcast unless it was rap or laced with profanity and disgusting lyrics.  

I found myself drifting when I tuned into a podcast describing how microorganisms found in active volcanoes might have anti-cancer properties.  

Now this is neat......that there are so many podcasts on any given topic.  

The Educational Podcast Directory was easiest because it focused on educational topics.

I do not feel the inspiration to create a podcast....maybe the problem is that I just had so much fun with Animoto that podcasting seems to pale in comparison.  

With some of the other tools I've already played with, I do not have any real interest in subscribing in podcasts. 

No comments: