Tuesday, July 15, 2008

thing #16--Getting Organized With Web 2.0 Tools

For my start page, I chose Reg Mombassa.  I chose it because it has a desert kind of look to it and there is a certain kind of serenity I feel when I see a desert landscape....not to mention that I thought all of the other designs were weird and not to my liking.

Online calendars are going to be useful to me because I am constantly on a computer so it is no big deal to do my calendar business online.  

I chose iGoogle because I am somewhat familiar with Google and am comfortable with it.  I added National Geographic-Picture of the Day......because sometimes there is a neat science-related picture I will want to share with my students or colleagues.  I added a to do list because I sometimes have too many things going on to keep track of....so this gives me a reminder every time I log on to the Web.  I added Live Weather because I LOVE weather activity...our atmosphere rocks........and sometimes I may actually NEED to know what the weather is doing as opposed to just being interested in it.  

I noticed that the more tools I added , the longer it took to load the page, so I stopped adding tools at that point.

I chose "remember the milk" for my to-do list. It was a lot of work for just wanting to jot things down.  To me, there were too many steps to create this to do list.   

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Remember on igoogle you can add other tabs or pages so you could possibly put some of the gadgets on other pages. This may help with load time you were referring to.