Tuesday, July 15, 2008

thing #15--What in the world is a Wiki?

Well, right off the bat, the online tutorial was great for me to understand what Wikis are all about.  I wish there was a tutorial for every "thing."  That guy does a great job.  I could write a science paper on any topic of interest to me and put it out there for others to critique and edit.  I just thought of putting a resume out there so someone with better skills than myself could improve the resume before I submitted it.

When I do science experiments I sometimes need the students to volunteer to bring supplies.........(candles, q-tips, vinegar, screwdrivers, boards, you name it).  We usually waste half a class period designating who is going to bring what.....and the confusion just escalates when someone forgets or brings the wrong item.  With a Wiki, those of us with internet access at home(and that number is growing all the time) could arrange the volunteering much more efficiently.

As we teachers organize field trips, a Wiki could help the 5 of us stay on the same page, especially when one considers how we sometimes don't get to meet enough due to ARDs and parent meeting, etc.  

No comments: