Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thing #19---Beyond Myspace: Other Social Networks

I added the 23 Thingsters Badge.  I had trouble.  I could not find it.  I also could not get code to work.......I finally had to get someone who is more computer savvy than I to help.

I commented on Mrs. Toogood's page.  She was my middle school teacher.

Ning is like Facebook, but I like Ning because I'm only patched in with people who I share a common interest with.  I can join a Ning just for Science teachers....so I can see some application for this one!  

On Gather, I can click on health and get all kinds of articles such as the one on Vitamin D.  I don't know if I was able to get the link on here or not.

I am a member of Gather.

From what I played with, I really liked Ning.  Ning appealed to me because I can visit with people about specific topics such as camping, rv'ing, science, and other stuff.

I like how I could easily access  health-related articles on Gather.

No comments: