Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thing #18--Exploring Social Networking

My Facebook

I used my real name, but only an image to remain somewhat anonymous.  I was able to add a few teachers from my school.  

After seeing what some people post on facebook, I don't see why I as an educator need to interface with anyone that I know from school be it teacher or student.  I would not even want my own children to see this site.

Parents and teachers, in my opinion, need to be aware of what kind of stuff is being put out there on sites such as Facebook.

I definitely don't like the solicitation on other sites such as MySpace.

From what I could tell, Facebook is more organized and intimate, whereas MySpace seems too impersonal because you just get bombarded from advertisements (messages) and strangers you don't know............I can't think of anything else to say.

I just don't see why I need Facebook as a teacher.

It might be fun if I want to keep in touch with certain students who have moved on, but e-mail can do that for me.


No comments: